Monday, December 12, 2011

Class of 2016...


is taking shape! 

It’s almost time for us to release the very first round of admissions decisions for the Class of 2016!!  I kinda feel like this right now…



But I’m also super excited about the newest members of the Class of 2016 because my daughter (who’s name I will reveal soon enough) is also in the Early Decision 1 applicant pool for GW!!  No, I did not read her application if you were wondering. 

It has been enlightening witnessing the application process as a parent while also working with students who are applying to GW.  I can’t say I was perfect at it but I wasn’t a disaster.  My daughter might think otherwise :/ but she came to the decision to apply to GW Early Decision 1 on her own.

I admit it. I did hover sometimes. I am a card carrying member of the Helicopter Parent Club.  But I could see a whole lot from my little flying machine!

So my husband and I are in the same boat as so many of our Early Decision 1 applicants and their parents  – we wait anxiously for the email. Yes, an email alerts our applicants when is the time to check the GW Admissions Activity Center to find out the outcome of their application review. 

I know to some (parents) it seems less ceremonial learning the answer to the question “am I accepted?” in this way. But not to today’s college seeking teens. They prefer it. And then they can go right to Facebook, Twitter or a rooftop and tell the world the news “I’m a Colonial”!!!

3 comments: